This large church is located in the center of Hydra’s main port. It includes a three-level bell tower constructed completely out of marble from the island of Tinos, and which can be seen from every point in town. It was designed by Venetian and Genovese architects in 1643, when it first began to operate as a women’s monastery. Today, only the main sanctuary is still in use, with some of the former nun’s cells having been converted into civil offices, while others have become part of a small ecclesiastical museum.
Ekklisia Kimisi Theotokou, Hydra, 180 40 Greece