Lygourio 210 52, Greece
Harvest organic olives with us and rush them to the mill to make the perfect olive oil, learning about the process as you go along and tasting some exceptional olive oil varieties. The tour starts at our organic olive grove and moves indoors as we take the olives to be processed. A short informational video and a tasting session make this comprehensive tour a real delight for those who want to learn about.
- Begin the tour in the organic olive tree garden
- Watch a short video about the olive oil
- Harvest a tree, with nets placed underneath, guided by a professional in the field. Help pack the olives in boxes and rush them to the mill to make fresh olive oil.
- Visit the modern indoor olive crushing factory with two production lines. Learn about the two stages involved in producing organic olive oil and PDO extra virgin olive oil branded as Ligourio Asklepieion, derived from the famous Manaki olive variety.
- Visit the indoor laboratory to understand the product quality control process and classification for storage in stainless steel tanks.
- Enjoy a light snack tasting of variety of local products cooked or topped with local extra virgin organic olive oil (bread with olive oil, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese in oregano, organic olives), plus a traditional spinach pie or cheese pie.
- Visit the olive oil factory extra virgin olive oil’ retail shop if you feel like buying any of the olive oil varieties or organic cosmetics made with MELAS extra virgin organic olive oil.
The visit ends with discussion and exchange of thoughts, impressions and conclusions.
Every visitor receives a surprise gift before leaving!
1st October to 15th January, except national and religious holidays
Provided by our partner