This impressive castle stands on a promontory above the entrance of Parga’s harbour. It was first built by the Venetians but was destroyed and rebuilt several times throughout its volatile history. In 1808, it became the property of Ali Pasha through the sale of Parga to him by the British leaders of the Ionian Islands at the time. Inside he housed his baths and harem (and undoubtedly enjoyed the view it offered of Parga from above.) Travellers would be wise to take advantage of it as well by making the delightful hike from the town centre to the castle.