The Monastery of Panagia Kalamiotissa (1887) with the church of Zoodochos Pigi, is built on the ruins of the ancient temple of Apollo on the mountain of Kalamos, and where a medieval observatory once stood. The inside features a beautifully painted and wood carved iconostasis from the 19th century, as well as the noteworthy icon of Kalamiotissa, decorated in silver. The monastery offers rooms to visitors and displays various holy heirlooms. Pilgrims come with fishing boats on the 8th of September for a large festival under the sounds of bag pipes, clarinet, violin, lute, song and dance. The view from the monastery is quite impressive.
Iera Moni Panagias Kalamiotissas Anafis, 840 09, Greece