Monastery of Osios David Rovion

Located near the foot of Mt. Kavalaris, the male monastery of Osios David Rovion takes its name after the great elder David, whose remains along with his censer and robes are still housed within its walls. He established the original monastery here in the 16th century, which was later destroyed by the Turks during the Greek revolution. The current building is what was rebuilt in 1877, and include catacombs as well as a small chapel built towards St. Haralambos in a small cave nearby.

Contact us: nature (at)