Cape Tainaro (or Tenaro) the southernmost point of mainland Europe, also belongs to the Municipality. Its lighthouse was constructed by the French in 1882 in Paris and renovated in 1930. Since 1984 it is powered by solar energy. There is a path leading to the lighthouse (about 20 minutes walk). The lighthouse was recently renovated by the Ekaterini Laskaridis Foundation, in cooperation with the Navy. At Niata the old wind-mills and dozens of stone wells around the village, are really noteworthy.