Mystery shrouds the origins of the Monastery of Lykouresi, with some saying it dates back to the 17th century and others saying as far back as the 15th century. There is a library, congress and an eco-farm connected to the monastery. On the road from Cheronia to the monastery are the churches of Agios Apostolos and Agia Paraskevi. Near the gully of the river Moros there is the church of Agios Charalambos. Agios Georgios in the mountain of Thourio is interesting and Agios Dimitrios near the Kifissos river. There is a church in the abandoned village of Karamousa. Lastly, the Temple of Metamorphosis tou Sotiros (Transfiguration) dates back to 1863, although the monolithic columns that support the dome of the temple date back to the Palaeo-Christian era.