There are two stone lighthouses on the mainland and three on the Sporades islands (Skopelos, Psathoura and Skiathos). The first, lighthouse of Trikeri was built in the farthest edge of the peninsula of Magnesia, in cape Kavoulia, by the French Company of Ottoman Lighthouses in 1854 with local materials. The nine-meter tower was built in 1918 for operating the rotatating light with petrol. It was supplied with electricity in 1979 and in 1995 it became automatic. The lighthouse of Argironissos which belongs to the Municipality of Pteleos, was built in 1899 on the eastern edge of the island. It operated on petrol initially but during the Second World War it remained closed and started functioning again in 1944. Recently it became automatic, powered by solar energy.
Epar.Od. Trikeriou-Agias Kiriakis, Notio Pilio 370 09