This monastery otherwise known as “Monastiraki” to locals, is located in the island’s capital within the neighborhood of Christo. It was first built in 1890, though it has been abandoned since 1955. A large portion of the church was destroyed in the large fire of 1993. Though it holds little interest architecturally, the remains of the monks’ cells can still be sen today, as well as a wall overlooking the west.
Christos 833 00, Ikaria, Greece