The Church of Panagia Thalassitra, patron of sailors, lies in Kastro above Plaka, commanding one of the best spots on the island and one of the most photographed churches with the stone bell tower. It was built in 1738 and united in later years with the smaller church of Panagia Eleousa. Its icons have been made by renowned local artist Emmanuel Skordilis. It also features the coat of arms of the Crispus family, renowned dukes of Naxos.
Plaka 848 00, Milos, Greece