Constructed in 1890, this is the earliest museum in Viotia. It contains findings from the cemeteries of Tanagra or which had been retrieved in the field, and also finds from the first excavations conducted by the Archaeological Society. A large number of grave stelae where practically the only remains from illegal excavations. The exquisite clay figurines were smuggled outside the country in the early 1870s. Today the recently renovated museum reveals the art of Tanagra over time, important inscriptions and objects from prehistoric times to the early Christian period.