Attractions In Rhodes

Explore The Attractions Of Rhodes
Agios Nectarios
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Near the Seven Springs. An archway leads to steps up to the grandiose Byzantine style church shadowed by columnar cypress trees. The separate campanile, with a tiered construction, is borrowed from a later period.

Agios Nicholaos, Fountoukli
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Located close to Dimilia, this is one of the most striking Byzantine churches in this area is decorated with 15th century frescoes.

Agios Soulas
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This small chapel, inland near the west coast town of Soroni, attracts thousands of locals for its name day celebrations on July 29 and 30. Among its attractions are horse and donkey races!

Ancient Ialyssos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The green pine forested 267m Mount Philerimos, on the west side of the island, approximately 15kms from Rhodes town, is the site of the ancient acropolis of Ialysos.

Ancient Kamiros
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

On the north-western shore of Rhodes, lie the haunting remains of Ancient Kamiros, a must for any archaeology or history lover. This quiet, remarkable site, 32 kms from the city of Rhodes, on the foothills of Mount Akramytis, tells a tale of a rich and advanced civilization.

Ancient Lindos and Acropolis
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ancient city state protected by its strong acropolis was a major maritime power, the birthplace of Kleoboulos (a moderate tyrant, one of the seven sages of the ancient world known for his “everything in moderation”).

Ancient Rhodes and its Acropolis
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ancient city was surrounded by walls encompassing a much greater area than that delineated by the existing medieval walls. Ruins of ancient walls are still visible throughout the Old Town.

Byzantine church of the Blessed Virgin, Asklipio
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Dating from 1060 this church was built in the shape of a cross but extended later to accommodate a larger congregation. There are some noteworthy frescos. Next to the church is a small museum of ancient religious artefacts, bibles and icons and articles of village life.

Chapel of St. Anne (Santa Anna)
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This catholic church is in Trianda.

Chapel of the Holy Cross
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Catholic Cemetery near the Saturday market venue on the coastal Rhodes – Kalithea road.

Church of Saint Catherine, Rhodes Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

A 3-aisled church, whose central aisle ends up in a half -hexagonal apse. Its frescoes are from the 14th and 15th centuries. It was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation and it is said that Suleiman the Great prayed there after he conquered the city.

Church of St. Francis of Assisi
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Also known as San Francisco, this catholic church is close to the walls of the Old Town and the Rhodes University, this church has an impressive bell tower and stark statue of a Franciscan monk.

Colossus of Rhodes
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in celebration of the locals’ victory after a particularly difficult battle against the mighty Besieger Dimitrios. The statue, dedicated to the Sun God, was the work of the famous Lindian sculptor, Chares.

Houmarli Medresse Mosque
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This was once a Byzantine monastery that was ceded to the Franciscan monks in 1457.

Ipseni Monastery, near Lardos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This small white stained nunnery was in an ideal setting of olive and pine groves until a forest fire swept through the area in 2009. The monastery was built in the 19th century.

Kalopetra, above Valley of Butterflies
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in 1780, the monastery was founded by Alexandros Ypsilantis during his exile in Rhodes. He was a Greek prince, ruler of Walachia and Moldavia, engaged in various wars against the Ottomans. His grandson lead the Filiki Eteria that began the Greek Revolution in 1821. There are two contrasting stories involving the founding of this small monastery. One has Ypsilantis bringing his daughter to this area to cure her from tuberculosis (the water from the mountain spring was considered to be therapeutic). In gratitude, he founded this small monastery dedicated to Virgin Mary and named it Kalopetra, meaning good stone. Another story has the prince building the monastery after surviving a terrible sea storm with his two children; Ypsilantis was guided to safety by a divine light emanating from the area.

Moni Thari, near Laerma
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This monastery is dedicated to the Archangel Michael near the village of Laerma, built around the thirteenth century over much earlier foundations. There are some remarkable frescoes.

Mosque Demirli
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This was formerly a large Byzantine church with a high dome, it is located in a side street of Agios Fanouris.

Mosque of Ibrahim Pasha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in 1531 and refurbished in 1928, it is on Sophocles Street.

Mosque of Redjeb Pasha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Regarded as one of the most important Turkish buildings and is a heavily decorated mosque. It contains the sarcophagus of Redjeb Pasha and is located behind the St Fanouris church.

Mosque of Suleiman (Suleymaniye Tzami)
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built soon after the Turks occupied the city of Rhodes in 1522 on the site of the destroyed Christian Church of the Apostles. It was refurbished in 1808.

Panagia Katholiki, near Afandou beach
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This church was built in the 17th century on the foundations of an older and grander Christian basilica. It is decorated with unique frescoes.

Panagia Kremasti
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This church, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, in Kremasti on the coastal Rhodes-Diagoras airport road, is one of the islands largest. Its 15th August festival day attracts thousands of locals.

Pantanassis Monastery
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

You will find this monastery on a hill top near Soroni on Rhodes’ west coast.

Paramythia Monastery, near Afandou
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Located on a hill top near Afandou on the main Rhodes-Lindos national road, this monastery is worth a trip.

Saint Nicholas, Ialysos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This church is notable because it has frescoes dating from the 15th century.

Santa Maria (Our Lady of Victory)
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This catholic church is centrally located in the new town of Rhodes, near the casino.

Skiadi Monastery, near Mesanagros village
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Part of the monastery complex is the church. Its icon to the Blessed Virgin is considered one of Rhodes’ most important; it is miracle working (especially for the ill) and protects the village. Legend has it that a heretic stabbed the painting many centuries ago and brought blood from Mary’s cheek and the brown stains are still visible. At Easter the icon is carried from house to house and village to village until it finally comes to rest for a period on the island of Halki. Most of the present buildings date from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries built around a thirteenth-century Church of the Holy Cross.

The Church of Agios Athanasius, Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This aisle-less church near the namesake city gate dates from the 15th century and was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation.

The Church of Holy Trinity (Agia Triada), Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This is a cross form church with cupola, the northern arm of the cross is shorter and ends up in a adjacent structure with rib vault. Its frescoes are probably of the late 15th and the early 16th century. It was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation.

The Church of Our Lady (Panagia), Lindos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Just off the main square in Lindos, this cross-shaped 14th century church has an octagonal dome and whitewashed walls. Its dark interior, with a black and white pebbled floor, is decorated with eighteenth-century frescoes of male saints on the right and female on the left. An inscription notes that additions were made to the building in 1489-90. Chapel of St Paul – possibly one of the most picturesque settings, this small chapel at the side of St Paul’s bay behind Lindos is said to be the first place Saint Paul visited during his missionary work on Rhodes. It is a very popular wedding venue for foreigners.

The Church of Our Lady of the Castle
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This Byzantine church dates from the 11th or 12th century is on the east of Museum Square in Rhodes Old Town. The church is cross-shaped with Gothic features added by the Knights. It was the Roman Catholic cathedral of Rhodes and has 14th century (Byzantine) and Frankish frescoes and wall-paintings. During Turkish rule this church was used as a mosque called the Enterum Mosque.

The Church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) of the Burgh
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Within the walls of the Old Town near the main commercial harbour, this late Gothic (14th century) building was badly damaged in World War II bombing. Only the church’s three apses remain standing today.

The Church of Saint Demetrius
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This Gothic church stands in the medieval city of Rhodes, at the end of a small street near the house of Prince Djem. With one single aisle, it was built during the Knights rule.

The Church of Saint Phanouris, Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This Byzantine church is on the street of the same name in Old City of Rhodes. Built during the 13th century, it is in the shape of a cross and decorated with frescoes and icons. Its Good Friday Easter procession is considered one of the town’s best.

The Church of St John of the Collachium
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ruins of this church are in the Old Town near the Grand Masters Palace. It was built during the early 14th century and is dedicated to Saint John, patron of the Order.

The Church of the Annunciation, Mandraki harbour
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Rhodes cathedral, with impressive architecture and interior frescoes and icons, was built in 1925 by the Italians following the design of the old gothic Church of Saint John (which is located in the Old City of Rhodes) and was also dedicated to the patron of the Order (Saint John).

The Monastery of Filerimos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Inside the monastery is the church of the Knights with distinctive round domes. The church was built over the remains of an Early Christian basilica. It has four chapels. The outer one was built by Grand Master d’Aubusson and the innermost still has the floor of the original early Christian church with the mosaic fish decoration. Solitude reigns in the cloister at the rear of the church where the monks’ cells are each marked with a plaque, each showing a different flower. The remains in front of the church are those of the Temple of Athena Polias and Zeus Polieus. In front of the temple to Athena is the small underground Byzantine chapel of Agios Georgios whose walls were decorated with frescos by the Knights of St John around the 14th to 15th centuries.

The Mosque of Agha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This mosque belonged to the Turkish garrison, and lies at the corner of Socrates and Agios Fanouris streets in Downtown Rhodes.

Tsambika Monastery, between Kolymbia & Archangelos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The old monastery of Panagia Tsambika, 25km south of Rhodes Town between Kolymbia and Archangelos, is built on top of a hill and offers stunning views of the surrounding area, while the larger newer church is on the main Rhodes-Lindos road, just north of Archangelos. It is not known when the old monastery was founded, but it was reconstructed in 1770 by a monk. Some maintain that an altar to goddess Artemis stood on the same site in antiquity.

Ancient Ialyssos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The green pine forested 267m Mount Philerimos, on the west side of the island, approximately 15kms from Rhodes town, is the site of the ancient acropolis of Ialysos.

Ancient Kamiros
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

On the north-western shore of Rhodes, lie the haunting remains of Ancient Kamiros, a must for any archaeology or history lover. This quiet, remarkable site, 32 kms from the city of Rhodes, on the foothills of Mount Akramytis, tells a tale of a rich and advanced civilization.

Ancient Lindos and Acropolis
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ancient city state protected by its strong acropolis was a major maritime power, the birthplace of Kleoboulos (a moderate tyrant, one of the seven sages of the ancient world known for his “everything in moderation”).

Ancient Rhodes and its Acropolis
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ancient city was surrounded by walls encompassing a much greater area than that delineated by the existing medieval walls. Ruins of ancient walls are still visible throughout the Old Town.

Colossus of Rhodes
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in celebration of the locals’ victory after a particularly difficult battle against the mighty Besieger Dimitrios. The statue, dedicated to the Sun God, was the work of the famous Lindian sculptor, Chares.

No Castles & Forts Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
No Caves Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
Agios Nectarios
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Near the Seven Springs. An archway leads to steps up to the grandiose Byzantine style church shadowed by columnar cypress trees. The separate campanile, with a tiered construction, is borrowed from a later period.

Agios Nicholaos, Fountoukli
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Located close to Dimilia, this is one of the most striking Byzantine churches in this area is decorated with 15th century frescoes.

Agios Soulas
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This small chapel, inland near the west coast town of Soroni, attracts thousands of locals for its name day celebrations on July 29 and 30. Among its attractions are horse and donkey races!

Byzantine church of the Blessed Virgin, Asklipio
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Dating from 1060 this church was built in the shape of a cross but extended later to accommodate a larger congregation. There are some noteworthy frescos. Next to the church is a small museum of ancient religious artefacts, bibles and icons and articles of village life.

Chapel of St. Anne (Santa Anna)
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This catholic church is in Trianda.

Chapel of the Holy Cross
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Catholic Cemetery near the Saturday market venue on the coastal Rhodes – Kalithea road.

Church of Saint Catherine, Rhodes Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

A 3-aisled church, whose central aisle ends up in a half -hexagonal apse. Its frescoes are from the 14th and 15th centuries. It was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation and it is said that Suleiman the Great prayed there after he conquered the city.

Church of St. Francis of Assisi
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Also known as San Francisco, this catholic church is close to the walls of the Old Town and the Rhodes University, this church has an impressive bell tower and stark statue of a Franciscan monk.

Ipseni Monastery, near Lardos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This small white stained nunnery was in an ideal setting of olive and pine groves until a forest fire swept through the area in 2009. The monastery was built in the 19th century.

Kalopetra, above Valley of Butterflies
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in 1780, the monastery was founded by Alexandros Ypsilantis during his exile in Rhodes. He was a Greek prince, ruler of Walachia and Moldavia, engaged in various wars against the Ottomans. His grandson lead the Filiki Eteria that began the Greek Revolution in 1821. There are two contrasting stories involving the founding of this small monastery. One has Ypsilantis bringing his daughter to this area to cure her from tuberculosis (the water from the mountain spring was considered to be therapeutic). In gratitude, he founded this small monastery dedicated to Virgin Mary and named it Kalopetra, meaning good stone. Another story has the prince building the monastery after surviving a terrible sea storm with his two children; Ypsilantis was guided to safety by a divine light emanating from the area.

Moni Thari, near Laerma
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This monastery is dedicated to the Archangel Michael near the village of Laerma, built around the thirteenth century over much earlier foundations. There are some remarkable frescoes.

Panagia Katholiki, near Afandou beach
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This church was built in the 17th century on the foundations of an older and grander Christian basilica. It is decorated with unique frescoes.

Panagia Kremasti
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This church, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, in Kremasti on the coastal Rhodes-Diagoras airport road, is one of the islands largest. Its 15th August festival day attracts thousands of locals.

Pantanassis Monastery
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

You will find this monastery on a hill top near Soroni on Rhodes’ west coast.

Paramythia Monastery, near Afandou
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Located on a hill top near Afandou on the main Rhodes-Lindos national road, this monastery is worth a trip.

Saint Nicholas, Ialysos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This church is notable because it has frescoes dating from the 15th century.

Santa Maria (Our Lady of Victory)
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This catholic church is centrally located in the new town of Rhodes, near the casino.

Skiadi Monastery, near Mesanagros village
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Part of the monastery complex is the church. Its icon to the Blessed Virgin is considered one of Rhodes’ most important; it is miracle working (especially for the ill) and protects the village. Legend has it that a heretic stabbed the painting many centuries ago and brought blood from Mary’s cheek and the brown stains are still visible. At Easter the icon is carried from house to house and village to village until it finally comes to rest for a period on the island of Halki. Most of the present buildings date from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries built around a thirteenth-century Church of the Holy Cross.

The Church of Agios Athanasius, Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This aisle-less church near the namesake city gate dates from the 15th century and was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation.

The Church of Holy Trinity (Agia Triada), Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This is a cross form church with cupola, the northern arm of the cross is shorter and ends up in a adjacent structure with rib vault. Its frescoes are probably of the late 15th and the early 16th century. It was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation.

The Church of Our Lady (Panagia), Lindos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Just off the main square in Lindos, this cross-shaped 14th century church has an octagonal dome and whitewashed walls. Its dark interior, with a black and white pebbled floor, is decorated with eighteenth-century frescoes of male saints on the right and female on the left. An inscription notes that additions were made to the building in 1489-90. Chapel of St Paul – possibly one of the most picturesque settings, this small chapel at the side of St Paul’s bay behind Lindos is said to be the first place Saint Paul visited during his missionary work on Rhodes. It is a very popular wedding venue for foreigners.

The Church of Our Lady of the Castle
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This Byzantine church dates from the 11th or 12th century is on the east of Museum Square in Rhodes Old Town. The church is cross-shaped with Gothic features added by the Knights. It was the Roman Catholic cathedral of Rhodes and has 14th century (Byzantine) and Frankish frescoes and wall-paintings. During Turkish rule this church was used as a mosque called the Enterum Mosque.

The Church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) of the Burgh
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Within the walls of the Old Town near the main commercial harbour, this late Gothic (14th century) building was badly damaged in World War II bombing. Only the church’s three apses remain standing today.

The Church of Saint Demetrius
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This Gothic church stands in the medieval city of Rhodes, at the end of a small street near the house of Prince Djem. With one single aisle, it was built during the Knights rule.

The Church of Saint Phanouris, Old Town
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This Byzantine church is on the street of the same name in Old City of Rhodes. Built during the 13th century, it is in the shape of a cross and decorated with frescoes and icons. Its Good Friday Easter procession is considered one of the town’s best.

The Church of St John of the Collachium
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ruins of this church are in the Old Town near the Grand Masters Palace. It was built during the early 14th century and is dedicated to Saint John, patron of the Order.

The Church of the Annunciation, Mandraki harbour
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Rhodes cathedral, with impressive architecture and interior frescoes and icons, was built in 1925 by the Italians following the design of the old gothic Church of Saint John (which is located in the Old City of Rhodes) and was also dedicated to the patron of the Order (Saint John).

The Monastery of Filerimos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Inside the monastery is the church of the Knights with distinctive round domes. The church was built over the remains of an Early Christian basilica. It has four chapels. The outer one was built by Grand Master d’Aubusson and the innermost still has the floor of the original early Christian church with the mosaic fish decoration. Solitude reigns in the cloister at the rear of the church where the monks’ cells are each marked with a plaque, each showing a different flower. The remains in front of the church are those of the Temple of Athena Polias and Zeus Polieus. In front of the temple to Athena is the small underground Byzantine chapel of Agios Georgios whose walls were decorated with frescos by the Knights of St John around the 14th to 15th centuries.

Tsambika Monastery, between Kolymbia & Archangelos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The old monastery of Panagia Tsambika, 25km south of Rhodes Town between Kolymbia and Archangelos, is built on top of a hill and offers stunning views of the surrounding area, while the larger newer church is on the main Rhodes-Lindos road, just north of Archangelos. It is not known when the old monastery was founded, but it was reconstructed in 1770 by a monk. Some maintain that an altar to goddess Artemis stood on the same site in antiquity.

Houmarli Medresse Mosque
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This was once a Byzantine monastery that was ceded to the Franciscan monks in 1457.

Mosque Demirli
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This was formerly a large Byzantine church with a high dome, it is located in a side street of Agios Fanouris.

Mosque of Ibrahim Pasha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in 1531 and refurbished in 1928, it is on Sophocles Street.

Mosque of Redjeb Pasha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Regarded as one of the most important Turkish buildings and is a heavily decorated mosque. It contains the sarcophagus of Redjeb Pasha and is located behind the St Fanouris church.

Mosque of Suleiman (Suleymaniye Tzami)
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built soon after the Turks occupied the city of Rhodes in 1522 on the site of the destroyed Christian Church of the Apostles. It was refurbished in 1808.

The Mosque of Agha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

This mosque belonged to the Turkish garrison, and lies at the corner of Socrates and Agios Fanouris streets in Downtown Rhodes.

No Museums Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
No Nature & Flora Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
No Olive Mills Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
Ancient Ialyssos
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The green pine forested 267m Mount Philerimos, on the west side of the island, approximately 15kms from Rhodes town, is the site of the ancient acropolis of Ialysos.

Ancient Lindos and Acropolis
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ancient city state protected by its strong acropolis was a major maritime power, the birthplace of Kleoboulos (a moderate tyrant, one of the seven sages of the ancient world known for his “everything in moderation”).

Ancient Rhodes and its Acropolis
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

The ancient city was surrounded by walls encompassing a much greater area than that delineated by the existing medieval walls. Ruins of ancient walls are still visible throughout the Old Town.

Church of St. Francis of Assisi
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Also known as San Francisco, this catholic church is close to the walls of the Old Town and the Rhodes University, this church has an impressive bell tower and stark statue of a Franciscan monk.

Kalopetra, above Valley of Butterflies
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Built in 1780, the monastery was founded by Alexandros Ypsilantis during his exile in Rhodes. He was a Greek prince, ruler of Walachia and Moldavia, engaged in various wars against the Ottomans. His grandson lead the Filiki Eteria that began the Greek Revolution in 1821. There are two contrasting stories involving the founding of this small monastery. One has Ypsilantis bringing his daughter to this area to cure her from tuberculosis (the water from the mountain spring was considered to be therapeutic). In gratitude, he founded this small monastery dedicated to Virgin Mary and named it Kalopetra, meaning good stone. Another story has the prince building the monastery after surviving a terrible sea storm with his two children; Ypsilantis was guided to safety by a divine light emanating from the area.

Mosque of Redjeb Pasha
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Regarded as one of the most important Turkish buildings and is a heavily decorated mosque. It contains the sarcophagus of Redjeb Pasha and is located behind the St Fanouris church.

Skiadi Monastery, near Mesanagros village
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Part of the monastery complex is the church. Its icon to the Blessed Virgin is considered one of Rhodes’ most important; it is miracle working (especially for the ill) and protects the village. Legend has it that a heretic stabbed the painting many centuries ago and brought blood from Mary’s cheek and the brown stains are still visible. At Easter the icon is carried from house to house and village to village until it finally comes to rest for a period on the island of Halki. Most of the present buildings date from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries built around a thirteenth-century Church of the Holy Cross.

The Church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) of the Burgh
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Within the walls of the Old Town near the main commercial harbour, this late Gothic (14th century) building was badly damaged in World War II bombing. Only the church’s three apses remain standing today.

The Church of the Annunciation, Mandraki harbour
Dodecanese / Rhodes (Rodos)

Rhodes cathedral, with impressive architecture and interior frescoes and icons, was built in 1925 by the Italians following the design of the old gothic Church of Saint John (which is located in the Old City of Rhodes) and was also dedicated to the patron of the Order (Saint John).

No Wildlife & Fauna Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
No Wineries Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.