Attractions In Evrytania

Explore The Attractions Of Evrytania
Agia Paraskevi, Vraggiana
Central Greece / Evrytania

This church was constructed in 1605 in this historic village and functioned as the Greek Museum School (Hellinomousei Agrafon-Gouvas) as a university in old times, where many notables taught. The area had 24 churches then, and only three of these survive today, nonetheless attracting many pilgrims to the village.

Agia Triada Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

Yet another folklore museum that reflects the character, identity and heritage of the area. It will certainly shed light on recent history in this mountainous part of Greece.

Agios Nikolaos of Vounenis Church, Kleitso
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is a very special church because it features a very rare relic – a silver case about 700 years old that contains the holy hand of the Evangelist Luke.

Altar remains, Marmara
Central Greece / Evrytania

South of Mount Parnassos, at an altitude of about 1500 meters and overlooking the Oracle of Delphi, there are remains of a shrine or altar lying on the hill of Marmara. It dates back to the 4th century BC most probably.

Ancient cypress tree in Prassia
Central Greece / Evrytania

No one knows exactly how old this tree is, towering over the village of Prassia, but it has a diameter of 7 meters and is 35 meters tall. It is designated as a protected natural monument.

Aroniada
Central Greece / Evrytania

Ancient graves that haven’t been excavated to the full and remains of a fortress can be found at Aroniada

Church of Agia Triada, Karpenissi
Central Greece / Evrytania

The Byzantine church of Agia Triada was renovated in 1645 by the well-respected teacher Eugenios Giannoulis of Aitolos who taught Byzantine music and then established a school in Karpenissi.

Church of Agion Taxiarchon in Marathos
Central Greece / Evrytania

This church was built in 1772 and contains fine 18th century murals.

Church of Agios Dimitrios in Karpenissi
Central Greece / Evrytania

The hill where this church lies was supposedly part of Mount Velouchi, but was separated in prehistoric times. There is a great view of Karpenissi from here.

Church of Metamorphosis tou Sotira, Fourna
Central Greece / Evrytania

Notable relics and heirlooms from the school of the Zoodohou Pigis Monastery can be found at this church. They include four icons and works by Dionysus of Fourna.

Church of Miriki
Central Greece / Evrytania

If you go to Miriki, only 7 km from Karpenissi yet lying at an elevation of 1,100 meters, you will find the village among dense woods of fir trees. The church of the village has a very special icon screen carved from walnut wood.

Domiana Monastery – Kimisis tis Theotokou
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is one of the most significant post-Byzantine monuments, having made a valuable contribution to the Nation and to Orthodoxy. The church was first built in the 16th century. The monastery has interesting murals from 1787, in the Byzantine style. Holy water emerges from the floor in the northwest section.

Domnitsa Folklore and History Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

A generous archive of photographs and a lot of old objects will enlighten you on how people used to live here. A visit to this museum will strengthen your connection to this magical area of Greece.

Folklore Museum of Mikro Pantavrehei
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is a delightful village and its modest museum hosts all sorts of oddities that mirror the life of the local populace over the years. A side trip to the Folklore Museum will put you right in the ambiance of the village where time stood still.

Granitsa Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

Book collections, artisanal objects, folk are and more grace the floors of this museum. If you’re in Granitsa, take a peek into the past by visiting this place and see how different life was here compared practically to anywhere else.

Hermitage of Osia Maria the Egyptian, Mikro Horio
Central Greece / Evrytania

If you’re in in Mikro Horio, check out the retreat or hermitage of Osia Maria the Egyptian. It is a rarer phenomenon in the area and stories surround Osia Maria (‘Osia’ is a title that’s a step lower than a ‘Saint’ but still very revered).

Kalesmeno
Central Greece / Evrytania

Among the olive trees, mulberry and chestnut trees at an altitude of 1300 meters, there is an archaeological site.

Karpenissi Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

The museum pays tribute to Konstantinos Tsatsos, who was a respected Greek diplomat, scholar and professor of law. He was president of Greece from 1975 to 1980. Old maps and other paraphernalia can be seen at this museum.

Kastri at Fidakia
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is one of the prettiest villages in Evrytania. Not far off is Kastri, where there are remains of an ancient settlement (possibly Oihala or Oichala) and fortifications.

Manoli Bridge
Central Greece / Evrytania

The fact that this bridge is still standing is testament to the wonder of classic architecture, reflecting building wisdom of centuries. It was built early during Ottoman rule, and lies in the municipality of Aperanta, 15 minutes after Krendi at the banks of the Agrafioti river. It can be seen from the bridge at Krioneri.

Megalo Chorio Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This museum is home to traditional costumes, old household items and local artistic expression. It lies 14 kilometres away from Karpenissi.

Metamorphosis tou Sotira Monastery in East Frangista
Central Greece / Evrytania

It was built in middle of the 16th century. Today the chancellery is all that remains of the large monastic complex that was in the Sotira area. It was renovated in 1725 and features rare Byzantine style murals dating from 1735. There is also a wood carving dating from 1737.

Metamorphosis tou Sotira Monastery, Vraha
Central Greece / Evrytania

Built around the year 1700 in the post-Byzantine era monastery boasts perfectly preserved murals and Byzantine icons. There are no monks sleeping there, but you can still visit.

National Resistance Museum, Koryschades
Central Greece / Evrytania

Located in old school building that has been renovated and declared as a protected monument itself, the museum displays photographs taken by Spyros Meletzis of the National Resistance. There are also remains of ancient fortifications and a gun-smiths’ workshop, as well as an old monastery nearby from 1650.

Paleo-Christian Church of Agios Leonidis, Klausi
Central Greece / Evrytania

The paleo-Christian church of Agios Leonidis – in the alleged area of ancient Kallion – dates from the 5th century, with its superb mosaic floor that measures 28 x 18 meters. It has amazing designs and colours. In addition to the mosaic floor, the Holy Altar and seat survive in this church.

Palio Mikro Horio Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This village suffered a landslide in 1963, and the museum has captured this calamity in photographic material. The resistance during the war and the areas struggles a couple of decades before the landslide are also highlighted. Costumes, ceramics and ancient oddities complete the exhibit.

Panagia tis Stana, Epiniana (Agrafa)
Central Greece / Evrytania

Here’s a monastery tucked away in the rocks. It was built in 1550, with its main church containing icons from the 16th century. Dedicated to the Birth of the Virgin, this monastery is one of the more important in Agrafa. It does not function as a monastery proper anymore but can be visited.

Paparoussi bridges
Central Greece / Evrytania

Some 24 kilometers from Karpenissi at an altitude of 660 meters, there are two old stone bridges that are worth visiting, as well as a stunning view of Lake Kremaston.

Proussos Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the few monasteries still standing in Evrytania, the Proussos monastery has frescoes dating back to 1785 as well as some from the 13th century, while the church itself is from the 9th century. The wood-carved iconostasis is from 1810. The monastery was built practically in the wild where weather conditions can get tough. There used to be a crypt which now functions as the church, with an allegedly miraculous icon from the Middle Byzantine period. Relics of saints are guarded here, and the decoration in general is remarkable. Old books and manuscripts are also among the relics. A sword from 1821is said to belong to Greek hero Karaiskakis. The monastery was also set on fire many times through the ages, the last time being by the Nazis in the Second World War, who probably discovered that it was a base for the resistance. The monastery has a museum that boasts religious and historical artefacts, including manuscripts and books from as far back as the 15th century. A sword that supposedly belonged to Greek hero Karaiskakis is also on display.

Stone bridge of Tembla
Central Greece / Evrytania

This strangely interesting and oddly attractive asymmetrical bridge, built by Italian engineers just one year before the start of the Second World War. It is located in the municipality of Aspropotamos (which means White River).

Tatarna Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the two monasteries in operation (the other being Proussos), Tatarna has a very tumultuous history. It was originally built in the 11th century, destroyed 3 centuries later, then rebuilt in 1556. It was again destroyed in 1823 by the Ottomans as it harboured numerous rebels, to be built again under King Otto in the 1840s. Once again it was destroyed completely in 1963 because of a landslide and was rebuilt 500 meters away where it stands today. Despite all this, its valuable relics and holy objects where saved, including a library which holds 633 texts. Some of these were published in Venice, Vienna and elsewhere. The mosaic icon titled ‘King of Glory’, dating from 1350 AD, is also noteworthy. A library with over 600 texts forms part of this museum. Some of these texts were published in Vienna, Venice and other cities during the 16th century. A mosaic-laid icon called ‘King of Glory’ is also on display dating back to 1350 AD.

The ravine of Mavri Spilia (Black Cave)
Central Greece / Evrytania

A little beyond the village of Proussos and near the military bridge of Kastania, you will find the gorge of Mavri Spilia. The hiking path begins with a delightful stone fountain that takes to a wooden bridge and a 10-meter-high waterfall that forms a pond. The gorge or ravine offers many areas with cascading water and ponds that are ideal for swimming, if a little on the fresh and crisp side. The fauna and flora of the area, plus a wooden bridge over the river create a fantastic scene out of a fairytale. Rappelling down the waterfalls is possible as there bolts and anchors that have been drilled into the rocks. The route ceases at the large entrance of Mavri Spilia or cave. During Ottoman domination and subsequent conflicts, the locals used to hide in the cave.

Viniani Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is where the liberated government of Greece convened in 1944 at the end of WWII. The museum, as a result, houses much photography and texts related to the struggle and challenges during the war.

Altar remains, Marmara
Central Greece / Evrytania

South of Mount Parnassos, at an altitude of about 1500 meters and overlooking the Oracle of Delphi, there are remains of a shrine or altar lying on the hill of Marmara. It dates back to the 4th century BC most probably.

Aroniada
Central Greece / Evrytania

Ancient graves that haven’t been excavated to the full and remains of a fortress can be found at Aroniada

Kalesmeno
Central Greece / Evrytania

Among the olive trees, mulberry and chestnut trees at an altitude of 1300 meters, there is an archaeological site.

Kastri at Fidakia
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is one of the prettiest villages in Evrytania. Not far off is Kastri, where there are remains of an ancient settlement (possibly Oihala or Oichala) and fortifications.

No Castles & Forts Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
The ravine of Mavri Spilia (Black Cave)
Central Greece / Evrytania

A little beyond the village of Proussos and near the military bridge of Kastania, you will find the gorge of Mavri Spilia. The hiking path begins with a delightful stone fountain that takes to a wooden bridge and a 10-meter-high waterfall that forms a pond. The gorge or ravine offers many areas with cascading water and ponds that are ideal for swimming, if a little on the fresh and crisp side. The fauna and flora of the area, plus a wooden bridge over the river create a fantastic scene out of a fairytale. Rappelling down the waterfalls is possible as there bolts and anchors that have been drilled into the rocks. The route ceases at the large entrance of Mavri Spilia or cave. During Ottoman domination and subsequent conflicts, the locals used to hide in the cave.

Agia Paraskevi, Vraggiana
Central Greece / Evrytania

This church was constructed in 1605 in this historic village and functioned as the Greek Museum School (Hellinomousei Agrafon-Gouvas) as a university in old times, where many notables taught. The area had 24 churches then, and only three of these survive today, nonetheless attracting many pilgrims to the village.

Agios Nikolaos of Vounenis Church, Kleitso
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is a very special church because it features a very rare relic – a silver case about 700 years old that contains the holy hand of the Evangelist Luke.

Church of Agia Triada, Karpenissi
Central Greece / Evrytania

The Byzantine church of Agia Triada was renovated in 1645 by the well-respected teacher Eugenios Giannoulis of Aitolos who taught Byzantine music and then established a school in Karpenissi.

Church of Agion Taxiarchon in Marathos
Central Greece / Evrytania

This church was built in 1772 and contains fine 18th century murals.

Church of Agios Dimitrios in Karpenissi
Central Greece / Evrytania

The hill where this church lies was supposedly part of Mount Velouchi, but was separated in prehistoric times. There is a great view of Karpenissi from here.

Church of Metamorphosis tou Sotira, Fourna
Central Greece / Evrytania

Notable relics and heirlooms from the school of the Zoodohou Pigis Monastery can be found at this church. They include four icons and works by Dionysus of Fourna.

Church of Miriki
Central Greece / Evrytania

If you go to Miriki, only 7 km from Karpenissi yet lying at an elevation of 1,100 meters, you will find the village among dense woods of fir trees. The church of the village has a very special icon screen carved from walnut wood.

Domiana Monastery – Kimisis tis Theotokou
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is one of the most significant post-Byzantine monuments, having made a valuable contribution to the Nation and to Orthodoxy. The church was first built in the 16th century. The monastery has interesting murals from 1787, in the Byzantine style. Holy water emerges from the floor in the northwest section.

Hermitage of Osia Maria the Egyptian, Mikro Horio
Central Greece / Evrytania

If you’re in in Mikro Horio, check out the retreat or hermitage of Osia Maria the Egyptian. It is a rarer phenomenon in the area and stories surround Osia Maria (‘Osia’ is a title that’s a step lower than a ‘Saint’ but still very revered).

Metamorphosis tou Sotira Monastery in East Frangista
Central Greece / Evrytania

It was built in middle of the 16th century. Today the chancellery is all that remains of the large monastic complex that was in the Sotira area. It was renovated in 1725 and features rare Byzantine style murals dating from 1735. There is also a wood carving dating from 1737.

Metamorphosis tou Sotira Monastery, Vraha
Central Greece / Evrytania

Built around the year 1700 in the post-Byzantine era monastery boasts perfectly preserved murals and Byzantine icons. There are no monks sleeping there, but you can still visit.

Paleo-Christian Church of Agios Leonidis, Klausi
Central Greece / Evrytania

The paleo-Christian church of Agios Leonidis – in the alleged area of ancient Kallion – dates from the 5th century, with its superb mosaic floor that measures 28 x 18 meters. It has amazing designs and colours. In addition to the mosaic floor, the Holy Altar and seat survive in this church.

Panagia tis Stana, Epiniana (Agrafa)
Central Greece / Evrytania

Here’s a monastery tucked away in the rocks. It was built in 1550, with its main church containing icons from the 16th century. Dedicated to the Birth of the Virgin, this monastery is one of the more important in Agrafa. It does not function as a monastery proper anymore but can be visited.

Proussos Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the few monasteries still standing in Evrytania, the Proussos monastery has frescoes dating back to 1785 as well as some from the 13th century, while the church itself is from the 9th century. The wood-carved iconostasis is from 1810. The monastery was built practically in the wild where weather conditions can get tough. There used to be a crypt which now functions as the church, with an allegedly miraculous icon from the Middle Byzantine period. Relics of saints are guarded here, and the decoration in general is remarkable. Old books and manuscripts are also among the relics. A sword from 1821is said to belong to Greek hero Karaiskakis. The monastery was also set on fire many times through the ages, the last time being by the Nazis in the Second World War, who probably discovered that it was a base for the resistance. The monastery has a museum that boasts religious and historical artefacts, including manuscripts and books from as far back as the 15th century. A sword that supposedly belonged to Greek hero Karaiskakis is also on display.

Tatarna Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the two monasteries in operation (the other being Proussos), Tatarna has a very tumultuous history. It was originally built in the 11th century, destroyed 3 centuries later, then rebuilt in 1556. It was again destroyed in 1823 by the Ottomans as it harboured numerous rebels, to be built again under King Otto in the 1840s. Once again it was destroyed completely in 1963 because of a landslide and was rebuilt 500 meters away where it stands today. Despite all this, its valuable relics and holy objects where saved, including a library which holds 633 texts. Some of these were published in Venice, Vienna and elsewhere. The mosaic icon titled ‘King of Glory’, dating from 1350 AD, is also noteworthy. A library with over 600 texts forms part of this museum. Some of these texts were published in Vienna, Venice and other cities during the 16th century. A mosaic-laid icon called ‘King of Glory’ is also on display dating back to 1350 AD.

Ancient cypress tree in Prassia
Central Greece / Evrytania

No one knows exactly how old this tree is, towering over the village of Prassia, but it has a diameter of 7 meters and is 35 meters tall. It is designated as a protected natural monument.

Manoli Bridge
Central Greece / Evrytania

The fact that this bridge is still standing is testament to the wonder of classic architecture, reflecting building wisdom of centuries. It was built early during Ottoman rule, and lies in the municipality of Aperanta, 15 minutes after Krendi at the banks of the Agrafioti river. It can be seen from the bridge at Krioneri.

Paparoussi bridges
Central Greece / Evrytania

Some 24 kilometers from Karpenissi at an altitude of 660 meters, there are two old stone bridges that are worth visiting, as well as a stunning view of Lake Kremaston.

Stone bridge of Tembla
Central Greece / Evrytania

This strangely interesting and oddly attractive asymmetrical bridge, built by Italian engineers just one year before the start of the Second World War. It is located in the municipality of Aspropotamos (which means White River).

Agia Triada Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

Yet another folklore museum that reflects the character, identity and heritage of the area. It will certainly shed light on recent history in this mountainous part of Greece.

Domnitsa Folklore and History Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

A generous archive of photographs and a lot of old objects will enlighten you on how people used to live here. A visit to this museum will strengthen your connection to this magical area of Greece.

Folklore Museum of Mikro Pantavrehei
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is a delightful village and its modest museum hosts all sorts of oddities that mirror the life of the local populace over the years. A side trip to the Folklore Museum will put you right in the ambiance of the village where time stood still.

Granitsa Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

Book collections, artisanal objects, folk are and more grace the floors of this museum. If you’re in Granitsa, take a peek into the past by visiting this place and see how different life was here compared practically to anywhere else.

Karpenissi Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

The museum pays tribute to Konstantinos Tsatsos, who was a respected Greek diplomat, scholar and professor of law. He was president of Greece from 1975 to 1980. Old maps and other paraphernalia can be seen at this museum.

Megalo Chorio Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This museum is home to traditional costumes, old household items and local artistic expression. It lies 14 kilometres away from Karpenissi.

National Resistance Museum, Koryschades
Central Greece / Evrytania

Located in old school building that has been renovated and declared as a protected monument itself, the museum displays photographs taken by Spyros Meletzis of the National Resistance. There are also remains of ancient fortifications and a gun-smiths’ workshop, as well as an old monastery nearby from 1650.

Palio Mikro Horio Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This village suffered a landslide in 1963, and the museum has captured this calamity in photographic material. The resistance during the war and the areas struggles a couple of decades before the landslide are also highlighted. Costumes, ceramics and ancient oddities complete the exhibit.

Proussos Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the few monasteries still standing in Evrytania, the Proussos monastery has frescoes dating back to 1785 as well as some from the 13th century, while the church itself is from the 9th century. The wood-carved iconostasis is from 1810. The monastery was built practically in the wild where weather conditions can get tough. There used to be a crypt which now functions as the church, with an allegedly miraculous icon from the Middle Byzantine period. Relics of saints are guarded here, and the decoration in general is remarkable. Old books and manuscripts are also among the relics. A sword from 1821is said to belong to Greek hero Karaiskakis. The monastery was also set on fire many times through the ages, the last time being by the Nazis in the Second World War, who probably discovered that it was a base for the resistance. The monastery has a museum that boasts religious and historical artefacts, including manuscripts and books from as far back as the 15th century. A sword that supposedly belonged to Greek hero Karaiskakis is also on display.

Tatarna Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the two monasteries in operation (the other being Proussos), Tatarna has a very tumultuous history. It was originally built in the 11th century, destroyed 3 centuries later, then rebuilt in 1556. It was again destroyed in 1823 by the Ottomans as it harboured numerous rebels, to be built again under King Otto in the 1840s. Once again it was destroyed completely in 1963 because of a landslide and was rebuilt 500 meters away where it stands today. Despite all this, its valuable relics and holy objects where saved, including a library which holds 633 texts. Some of these were published in Venice, Vienna and elsewhere. The mosaic icon titled ‘King of Glory’, dating from 1350 AD, is also noteworthy. A library with over 600 texts forms part of this museum. Some of these texts were published in Vienna, Venice and other cities during the 16th century. A mosaic-laid icon called ‘King of Glory’ is also on display dating back to 1350 AD.

Viniani Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is where the liberated government of Greece convened in 1944 at the end of WWII. The museum, as a result, houses much photography and texts related to the struggle and challenges during the war.

No Nature & Flora Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
No Olive Mills Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
Agios Nikolaos of Vounenis Church, Kleitso
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is a very special church because it features a very rare relic – a silver case about 700 years old that contains the holy hand of the Evangelist Luke.

Ancient cypress tree in Prassia
Central Greece / Evrytania

No one knows exactly how old this tree is, towering over the village of Prassia, but it has a diameter of 7 meters and is 35 meters tall. It is designated as a protected natural monument.

Manoli Bridge
Central Greece / Evrytania

The fact that this bridge is still standing is testament to the wonder of classic architecture, reflecting building wisdom of centuries. It was built early during Ottoman rule, and lies in the municipality of Aperanta, 15 minutes after Krendi at the banks of the Agrafioti river. It can be seen from the bridge at Krioneri.

Megalo Chorio Folklore Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This museum is home to traditional costumes, old household items and local artistic expression. It lies 14 kilometres away from Karpenissi.

Metamorphosis tou Sotira Monastery, Vraha
Central Greece / Evrytania

Built around the year 1700 in the post-Byzantine era monastery boasts perfectly preserved murals and Byzantine icons. There are no monks sleeping there, but you can still visit.

National Resistance Museum, Koryschades
Central Greece / Evrytania

Located in old school building that has been renovated and declared as a protected monument itself, the museum displays photographs taken by Spyros Meletzis of the National Resistance. There are also remains of ancient fortifications and a gun-smiths’ workshop, as well as an old monastery nearby from 1650.

Proussos Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the few monasteries still standing in Evrytania, the Proussos monastery has frescoes dating back to 1785 as well as some from the 13th century, while the church itself is from the 9th century. The wood-carved iconostasis is from 1810. The monastery was built practically in the wild where weather conditions can get tough. There used to be a crypt which now functions as the church, with an allegedly miraculous icon from the Middle Byzantine period. Relics of saints are guarded here, and the decoration in general is remarkable. Old books and manuscripts are also among the relics. A sword from 1821is said to belong to Greek hero Karaiskakis. The monastery was also set on fire many times through the ages, the last time being by the Nazis in the Second World War, who probably discovered that it was a base for the resistance. The monastery has a museum that boasts religious and historical artefacts, including manuscripts and books from as far back as the 15th century. A sword that supposedly belonged to Greek hero Karaiskakis is also on display.

Stone bridge of Tembla
Central Greece / Evrytania

This strangely interesting and oddly attractive asymmetrical bridge, built by Italian engineers just one year before the start of the Second World War. It is located in the municipality of Aspropotamos (which means White River).

Tatarna Monastery Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

One of the two monasteries in operation (the other being Proussos), Tatarna has a very tumultuous history. It was originally built in the 11th century, destroyed 3 centuries later, then rebuilt in 1556. It was again destroyed in 1823 by the Ottomans as it harboured numerous rebels, to be built again under King Otto in the 1840s. Once again it was destroyed completely in 1963 because of a landslide and was rebuilt 500 meters away where it stands today. Despite all this, its valuable relics and holy objects where saved, including a library which holds 633 texts. Some of these were published in Venice, Vienna and elsewhere. The mosaic icon titled ‘King of Glory’, dating from 1350 AD, is also noteworthy. A library with over 600 texts forms part of this museum. Some of these texts were published in Vienna, Venice and other cities during the 16th century. A mosaic-laid icon called ‘King of Glory’ is also on display dating back to 1350 AD.

The ravine of Mavri Spilia (Black Cave)
Central Greece / Evrytania

A little beyond the village of Proussos and near the military bridge of Kastania, you will find the gorge of Mavri Spilia. The hiking path begins with a delightful stone fountain that takes to a wooden bridge and a 10-meter-high waterfall that forms a pond. The gorge or ravine offers many areas with cascading water and ponds that are ideal for swimming, if a little on the fresh and crisp side. The fauna and flora of the area, plus a wooden bridge over the river create a fantastic scene out of a fairytale. Rappelling down the waterfalls is possible as there bolts and anchors that have been drilled into the rocks. The route ceases at the large entrance of Mavri Spilia or cave. During Ottoman domination and subsequent conflicts, the locals used to hide in the cave.

Viniani Museum
Central Greece / Evrytania

This is where the liberated government of Greece convened in 1944 at the end of WWII. The museum, as a result, houses much photography and texts related to the struggle and challenges during the war.

No Wildlife & Fauna Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.
No Wineries Found In This Destination. Please Check Other Attractions.