The most important hikes are:
1. Boboko – Loutsa – Koliedes (or Kapelo). On the 4th kilometre between Analipsi to Elikonas, you will find a sign for hikers that leads through a thick forest on a 4.5-hour, medium-level hike, at a height of 800 to 1480 meters.
2. Boboko – Profitis Elias. Again on the 4th kilometre between Analipsi and Elikonas a sign reveals the way up the fir-laden slopes through a paved path, taking you to the church of Profitis Elias after 1.5 hours. This is considered an easy hike.
3. Boboko – Xirovouni. From the same starting point as above, there is a path that goes up to Xirovouni which offers a spectacular view of Livadia and the plain of Copais. This easy route takes 1.5 hours to complete.
4. Profitis Elias – Loutsa Tzavela – Ronies – Megali Loutsa or Elikonas. Moving beyond the Church of Profitis Elias, cross the street towards Loutsa Tzavela and through the slopes until Ronies. This will connect you to path number 22 which takes to the main square of Elikonas village. Or you can go to Ano Ronies (upper Ronies) turning left when you meet path number 22, hiking for 30 more minutes. Another left once there will take you to Megali Loutsa for an amazing view of the Gulf of Corinth below. In both cases the route is of medium difficulty and lasts for about 2.5 hours.
5. Kyriaki – Megali Loutsa (Kapsala). From the main square of Kyriaki hike up the hill on the path that takes you to Megali Loutsa, a trip that lasts a good 3.5 hours.
6. Camp of Paliomilia – Megali Loutsa (Kapsala). Begin your hike right after the camp where you will see the first signposts on the right-hand side. After an hour through the fir trees you reach Balconi, which true to its name offers a great view over the area. Continue through some small lakes for about 3.5 hours until you reach the summit. Medium difficulty.
7. Analipsi – Agios Georgios. The village of Analipsi offers an easy one-hour path that climbs to the church of Agios Georgios where you can relax near a spring and enjoy the stunning few.
8. Profitis Elias – Kolliedes (Kapelo). Here’s a more difficult hike on very steep slopes, recommended for more experienced hikers. The trip between Profitis Elias and Kolliedes will take you 2.5 hours.
9. Arvanitsa – Osios Serafim. For an enjoyable 1.5-hour hike, head out from Arvanitsa to Stavros, then head right on a paved path until you reach the monastery of Osios Serafim.
10. Askri – Ypokrini. Locate the dirt road from Askri that goes to Agios Nikolaos and to the small forest of the Muses until you reach path number 22. At an altitude of 1,100 meters about an hour into your hike you will see a cross. Head right where the road takes you up to the Ypokrini spring, at an altitude of 1,400 meters. You can either head downhill from here to Chaliki or uphill for half an hour to reach Motsara at 1,525 meters. This route is fairly easy to do.
11. Aghia Anna – Paliovouna – Arvanitsa. Follow the signs from the village of Agia Anna up through forests and bare slopes until you reach the top of Paliovouna, at a high altitude of 1,747 meters. Enjoy the unsurpassed view of the Elikonas region that goes all the way to the Peloponnese. This is a relatively difficult route lasting around 3.5 hours. You can then head downhill to reach Arvanitsa, which will take you an additional 1.5 hours.