DOWNLOAD OUR MEDIA KIT IN GREEK OR CALL ON +30 211 7100050
public/uploads/Membership Kit 2012(2).pdf
Ecotourism is becoming one of the fastest-growing sectors of the tourism industry, growing annually by 10-15% worldwide. By advertising your eco-friendly business on line, you will participate in promoting the environment, promoting your local community, improving your image and increasing your sales in many ways:
BENEFITS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
- Attracts more sophisticated eco-sensitive and culturally sensitive travelers rather than mass-tourism and package holidaymakers
- Promotes money-saving ideas that help protect the environment (saving water, saving electricity, recycling garbage and cooking oil, more efficient transport and cars)
- Helps locals understand the importance of ecology, ecosystems, biodiversity
- Combats global warming and reduces our carbon footprint
- Replaces unregulated nature tourism, which damages the environment and diminishes local culture
- Minimizes pollution of water, air, land and noise
- Encourages the use eco-friendly farming and organic produce that help protect the environment
BENEFITS FOR LOCAL COMMUNITIES
- Keeps tourism revenues in local communities rather than in foreign vacation clubs, multinationals
- Focuses on local cuisine, family tavernas and home-made specialties rather than imported food, international restaurants and chains.
- Promotes activities in the area that are eco-friendly rather than environmentally damaging or polluting (e.g. hiking and sailing rather than 4x4 exploration and yachting)
- Promotes use of local agriculture, produce and products (olives, fruits, nuts, xilopites, cheeses, sweets, wines, meats, local liqueurs, local bottled water, etc.)
- Highlights small businesses and manufacturers in rural areas such as dairies, bakeries, pastry shops, farms, wineries
- Promotes local heritage and handicrafts (pottery, embroidery, local festivals, folklore museums, architecture, religious heritage, etc.)
- Increases understanding of true rural Greek culture and Hellenism as a whole to travelers from all over the world, and builds bridges with other nations.
- Advertises the local community globally as an eco-friendly destination to attract a better quality of tourism that will help preserve local heritage and culture
- Fosters a culture of sensitivity to the environment, including conservation of nature, heritage and culture as a sustainable way of making money through tourism.
BENEFITS OF JOINING ECOTOURISM-GREECE.COM
- Opens up the business to a new niche of traveler/consumer that is directly interested in what the business has to offer
- Advertises the business to a better quality of tourist that wants to immerse himself in the local culture, heritage, cuisine and community
- Attracts more independent travelers that generally have more disposable income
- Attracts clients that will show more care in your property and is sensitive about energy use, as well as the immediate environment
- Increases your business's competitiveness and unique selling points
- Let's you participate actively in helping your community, environment and country to create a more sustainable tourism sector.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I JOIN?
- Use of the ecotourism-greece.com eco label to label yourself environmentally friendly
- Our valuable Eco-tourism guide: A complete list of eco-friendly and/or local suppliers
- Priority listing on our website (ahead of non-supporting entries)
- A full web page, in addition to the regular listing, within ecotourism-greece.com. This includes:
- 8 photos of your choice
- a descriptive text about your business of up to 400 words
- a video clip of your business or area (ask us for available videos)
- a link to your own website if available
- possibility of embedding a video of your business or property
- Use of the Ecotourism-Greece.com logo on all your publications, marketing brochures and online